Different Wings of the Commissionerate
1) Providing Proper Administrative Service information for Government / Aided Polytechnics , Govt / Aided Engineering Colleges of the Directorate.
2) Maintaining transparency in Administrative Service.
3) Sanctioning of LTC/HTC/GPF/Medical Bills.
4) Finalizing staff gradation list of Govt / Aided Polytechnics.
5) Forming and Finalizing of cadre and Recruitment(C&R) rules.
6) Performing teaching / non-teaching staff recruitment process.
7) Preparing and Finalizing teaching / non-teaching staff promotion list.
8) Finalizing and settlement of Pension for Govt / Aided Staff’s after retirement.
1) Preparing seat matrix for lateral entry of Diploma students to B.E. degree , through CET.
2) Providing necessary information and guidelines for first year Diploma admission, modifying rules and guidelines.
3) Preparing calendar of events for Polytechnics.
4) Printing of CET question paper for Diploma holders, conducting CET exam, Preparing merit list and conducting admission process for II year B.E. and related works.
5) Conducting mutual transfer process, for II / III Diploma students and II / III / III year B.E. students who get admitted through Diploma quota.
6) Planning and Implementing Technical Exhibitions and sports meet to trigger and encourage hidden talents of students.
1) Fee concession issue of circular to polytechnics regarding fee concession/scholarships.
2) Receipt of applications from institutions.
3) Verification of applications (SC/ST/Defense/Annual income 11,000& bellow p/a).
4) Receipt of bills from institutions for counter signature.
5) Passing of bills.
6) Countersigned bills for Encashment.
7) Inviting list of admitted candidates in JTS.
8) Verification & sanction of stipend of JTS students.
1) Releasing grants for all Govt / Aided Engineering colleges and all Govt / Aided Polytechnics under planned and non-planned budget.
2) Preparing Appendix-B estimate list, Expenditure and revenue estimate list.
3) Sanctioning HBA / HPA / HRA / Medical reimbursement loans and advance.
4) Inspecting and Auditing, Accounts of All Govt / Aided Engineering colleges, all Govt / Aided Polytechnics.
5) Verifying and enclosing signature to Grant- in- aid bills, scholarship, NDC and AC bills.
1) Starting of new Engineering Colleges / Polytechnics.
2) Starting of new courses and variation of intake in existing Engineering Colleges / Polytechnics.
3) Preparation of Budget under Plan scheme.
4) Monitoring of MODROBS schemes.
5) Conduct of inspection for Polytechnics and Engineering Colleges to maintain the standards as per AICTE norms.
6) Other development related activities.
Apprentice Training Section
1) Conduct of Centralized Apprenticeship.
2) Selection programme and payment of stipend.
3) Industry interaction of ensuring of participation of various industries in the ATS programme.
4) Community Polytechnic schemes.
5) Career Guidance Programme.
6) Supervisory Development Programme.
7) Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme.
8) Industry Institution Interaction Cell.
9) Placement Cell.
1) Purchase and approvals for lab equipments, computer, furnitures, books and other academic item.
2) Rate Contract approvals.
3) Maintenance & repairs of computer & peripherals and lab equipments.
1) Countersigning of estimates received from Gov. Polytechnics and Govt. Junior Technical Schools Principal’s under Plan and Non-Plan Scheme for construction of new buildings, extension of buildings, construction of compound walls, maintenance and repair of Polytechnics and Junior Technical School buildings by PWD.
2) Providing Govt. Telephone facilities to the Officer’s residence. (Joint Director and above officers and Administrative officer)
3) Maintenance and repairs of Directorate building.
4) Making regular payments of Electricity and water charges of all the Departments of Thanthrika Shikshana Bhavan. (Monthly payments)
5) Maintenance of Case Register.
6) Maintenance of Personal Register.
7) Maintenance of Estimate Counter sign Register.
8) Maintenance of Electricity and water charges Register.
Curriculum Development Cell Section
1) Design and reviewing the curriculum.
2) Curriculum as per the Industry needs.
3) Improving teaching and learning skills.
4) Training programme to teaching staffs.
5) Self generating funds through CCTECK.
6) On-Line Interactive classes Program.
7) Deputation of faculty of Govt. and Aided Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics for quality improvement and career advancement under QIP Scheme of AICTE.
1) Conducting examination for all the Polytechnics of the state.
2) Issuing Diploma certificates, marks cards etc
3) Introducing coding and de-coding system for evaluation to maintain confidentiality.
4) On-line monitering theory and practical examination process through BTELinx.
5) Preparation and sending of candidate list and mark list for Diploma eligible students of all affiliated Polytechnics.
6) According affiliation to polytechnics in the state.
7) Deputing staff for the examination duty.
8) Decentralization of Evaluation Process.
9) Issue of migration certificate and eligibility certificates and other certificates through “Sakala Progarmme”.
10) Printing of question papers & answer booklets for all Polytechnics.
1) Academic and administrative inspection of all Govt., Aided and Private Polytechnics in Karnataka.
2) Inspection of administrative procedures, infrastructure, lab facilities, faculty suitability and number required in each section in teaching and non-teaching areas in each polytechnics.
3) Inspection of maintaining documents of academic activities and improve the standards of teaching as per AICTE and dtek norms.
Centre for Continuing Technical Education in Karnataka (CCTEK)
1) It is a continuing education cell run in technical institutions.
2) The aim of this cell is to improve the abilities, skills and competition in different activities which help the trainees in self-employment.
Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)
1) Strengthening institutions to improve learning outcomes and employability of graduates.
2) Scaling -up PG education and demand driven R &D and innnovations.
3) Establishing centers ofexcellence.
4) Faculty development for effective teaching.
5) Capacity building to strengthen management.
6) Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation.